Smoking and Pets
In order to maintain the highest quality environment for all of our guests, The Appenzell Inn has been a completely smoke and pet-free property, inside and out, from day one. We strongly discourage any smoker from reserving a room at The Appenzell and have been known to cancel a reservation for anyone coming into our office or guest rooms reeking of tobacco smoke. We require all guests to sign an agreement at check-in which specifies that The Appenzell Inn will evict anyone who violates our policies plus charge them a $250 fee plus cleaning costs.
A deposit of 50% of the total reservation, or 100% for a one night stay, including tax, will be charged per room at time of booking.
We hope that all people reserving rooms at The Appenzell Inn are able to come and enjoy their stay. If, for any reason, a guest needs to cancel, we have developed the following policies to protect The Appenzell from loss, and to encourage a future stay.
October thru May
- Cancellations received 30 days or more prior to arrival: The deposit will be refunded minus a cancellation fee of $25 or 10% of the deposit, whichever is larger.
- Cancellations received inside of 30 days: The same cancellation fee will be subtracted from the deposit and the remainder will be held at the Appenzell Inn to be used toward a future booking within the next 12 months,- subject to availability and current rate.
June thru September and Holidays
- Cancellations received 60 days or more prior to arrival: The deposit will be refunded minus a cancellation fee of $50 or 20% of the deposit, whichever is larger.
- Cancellations received between 30 and 60 days prior to arrival: The deposit will be refunded minus a cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations received inside of 30 days: A cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit will be subtracted and the remainder will be held by The Appenzell Inn to be used toward a future booking within the next 12 months, subject to availability and current rate.
- Shortening of the stay inside of 30 days: 50% of the cancelled room rate, plus tax, will be charged at check-in.
Individual room cancellations will be subject to the same cancellation policies listed above. Any other cancellations will be subject to a Group Contract agreed to in advance.
Guests may be able to change their dates if we have the availability and enough advance warning.
Groups are welcome at The Appenzell and we have developed these policies to make their stay as rewarding as possible while curtailing the problems that can make a good time go sour.
Initially, a group coordinator will be in contact with The Inn to lay out the type, configuration, specific desires, and payment methods of the group.
All members of the group must make their group affiliation known at time of booking.
All guests will register with The Inn on arrival. We require an exact accounting of all guests and which guests are in what rooms.
No one other than registered guests is to be on property without the prior knowledge and consent of The Inn. Our facilities, such as the pool or showers, are not for the use of unregistered guests. Any authorized unregistered guests will be the responsibility of a registered guest sponsor who will guarantee restitution for violations of policy or damage.
Even if the group has bought ‘the house,’ it is essential that proper respect for the property, staff and all other guests be maintained.
In all circumstances, the management of The Inn will be the final arbiter as to which actions of the group are detrimental to The Inn, staff, or other guests.
The standard Peak Season Cancellation Policies will apply to all group reservations plus any deposits required for catered meals and similar events.
The owners of The Appenzell Inn guarantee that we and our staff will do our very best to meet or exceed any reasonable expectation of our guests based on the information contained in this website. For those unexpected events that can happen in an imperfect world, there will always be an owner or manager on site to make every attempt to correct the situation.